Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Lights out!

Yes, that's right, our electric went out.

It started out warm and sunny but then by dark there were high winds and lots of snow.

Laura and I were going to help a friend of ours shear sheep the next day but when we got part way down the driveway a tree had fallen down. It had fallen across our driveway and knocked down the electric lines. We drove across the field to granddad's and got out anyway. Papa later cut out part of it and moved that part with the loader so that we could get out but there is still a lot of work to be done.

We were not out very long, maybe 24 hours, before the electric crew came out and put up the wire again.

Our chicks, nine of which are still alive, spent most of the time in front of the wood stove.

All this was Saturday night to Sunday night. Today is Tuesday and most of the snow is gone.

Let's hope it stays that way for a while.

Seeya
Oh, and one last thing. A dog got into my chicken tractor and got my rabbit and Laura's rabbit had babies this morning. I will try to post pics soon. OK, this time I actually am done...
Seeya

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear from you!